|—||Thomas Cardinal Wolsey (via 0riginal)|
Justin Bartels - Impression (2012)
I can’t not reblog this.
This is the best thing on the Internet. We undress everyday and it shows us how confined we are. Those imprints show how uncomfortable we are throughout each day just to impress other people. We create prisons in our own clothes. We are a prisoner in a socially constructed idea of what is beautiful.
yes its back
1. Because a woman brought into this world will inevitably be given pepper spray “just in case.”
2. Because by sixteen, a young girl knows how to avoid being sexually assaulted, while a boy of the same age does not fear sexual assault in the slightest.
3. Because a girl who mocks men is a bitch, and a boy who mocks women is joking.
4. Because a girl who has sex is a slut, and a boy who has sex is a man.
5. Because in a murder, the killer is at fault, but the blame of rape is often put on the victim.
6. Because we teach girls how not to get raped instead of teaching anyone simply not to rape.
7. Because a woman should put more clothes on if her outfit makes a man uncomfortable, because his self control is her responsibility.
8. Because feminists just need to chill out.
9. Because a 22 year old sex-obsessed virgin can murder 7 people, and the problem is that someone should’ve just slept with him.
10. Because not all men are predators, but yes, all women are prey.
There’s a fucking womanifesto for you.
kudos to mtv for spreading this message tho
every woman on tumblr should have this on their dash
I don’t think this quite goes far enough, though. I mean, just thinking about the one with the magazine covers, women aren’t generally posed in a way that makes them look strong and healthy, are they? Usually the women on magazines are made to look smaller, put in absurd positions, eyes wide, lips pouting, made to seem more childlike. Infantalised and sexualised at once. Photoshopped into shapes that aren’t possible, their very bones shifted to make them seem more acceptable to the misogynist gaze.
Just my opinion on that one.
That’s equal to 1.4 million casualties. In 23 days.
That’s equal to 78 September 11 attacks. In 23 days.
That’s equal to 4 times all American deaths in Vietnam War. In 23 days.
|—||Arun Gupta (via mansplainedmarxist)|
It’s not “bacon,” it’s a pig.
It’s not “veal,” it’s a calf.
It’s not “steak,” it’s a cow.
It’s not “meat,” it’s an animal…
its not “fruit”, its dividing cells that accumulate fructose…
it’s not delivery. it’s digiorno.
It’s not a scene, it’s a god damn arms race
It’s not “levioSA”, it’s “leviOsa”
Maybe it’s Maybelline
|—||The most comforting beauty advice I’ve ever been given. (via cinniie)|